Sunday, May 10, 2015

20/52

*A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2015*

You're going to be a big brother!  When we asked you what we should name the baby, you said "Orlando the Marmalade Cat."  When we asked, "What if it's a girl?" you held your ground: "I like Orlando the Marmalade Cat."  Okay, we'll just put a pin in that one.  You seem excited about the idea of being a big brother, wondering when the baby will be "bor-en" and showing particular interest in the diaper-changing aspect of big brotherhood.  This week I saw you express jealousy for the first time, when your neighbor friend had a bigger car than you.  I was surprised by your pouty reaction, which developed into a kind of melancholy at the dinner table that night.  You have always been so happy to share everything.  Perhaps this is a little preview of what's to come with a baby in the house.  Later that night, though, you asked if you could read the baby a book.  I can't wait to see the relationship between you grow.  I'm sure it will be a difficult transition, but I have no doubt that you will be a sweet and loving big brother (most of the time). 

No comments:

Post a Comment