Friday, December 11, 2015

46/52

*A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2015*

Matteo: Recently overheard things:

(while playing cars) "C'mon everybody, let's go to the store!  We don't have broccoli or anything!"
"Where did we get this baby?  Did you buy it for me?"
"When I was a little kid, I used to like sandwiches with pickles and potato chips."
"Nana nana booby is not a polite thing to say."
"Can you buy caterpillar juice for me?  I really really like it."
"This is my magic wand.  It spells you.  It spells you, tada!  Magicky magicky, zoom!  Now you're 'Big Mama'!" ('Big Mama' is a charming new nickname you've adopted for me.)
"You're very spicy!"
"I can rub your feet and warm them up for you."
"You smell like armpits!"
"I love popcorn.  I love popcorn in the whole world!"
"Once upon a time, there was a little house.  And Mama and Papa and Matteo and Sissy all lived there with some toys and a roof and some pipe cleaners.  And they all lived together and they played together.  The end!"
"I'm just bored because I ate all my pancakes."
"Mama, your heart is beautiful.  I want to sit on it one day because I love you."

Lilah: You're starting to discover your hands!  You've been looking at them with awe and chewing on them a lot lately.

1 comment:

  1. Look at that precious smile! How they are both growing--too fast! Buon Natale a voi!

    ReplyDelete