Saturday, January 9, 2016

2/52

*A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2016*

Matteo:  A Recent Interview:
Q: What will you be doing ten years from now?
A: Maybe....running.
Q: If you could live in a house shaped like anything, which shape would you choose?
A: A teapot!
Q: If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?
A: A dolphin.  Because they swim.
Q: What do you love most about your baby sister?
A: That I snuggle with her.
Q: Where does Santa Claus live?
A: The North Pole
Q: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?
A: The North Pole
Q: If everyday could be a holiday, which holiday would you want it to be?
A: Valentine's Day.  And Halloween.  And Christmas.
Q: If you had your own country, what would it be called?
A: New York City
Q: What do you dream about?
A: Legos and my friends and summertime.  And I dream about Mama, too.
Q: What is your favorite word?
A: Little light of mine
Q: What is your favorite thing to eat?
A: Noodles
Q: What makes you happy when you're sad?
A: A hug
Q: What's the hardest thing you've ever had to do?
A: Brush Mama's hair
Q: What's the greatest thing about being a kid?
A: Well, first I was a baby and then I growed bigger and then I could play.  That's the best thing.
Q: What are you afraid of?
A: Insects.  Are they friendly? 
Q: If Una the beagle could talk, what would she say?
A: Yummy!
Q: What are you good at?
A: Tricycle
Q: What do you think is in outer space?
A: Mars
Q: What is Love?
A: (Kisses Lilah on the head) That's love.

Lilah: Four months old!  Time is flying by.  You giggled this week for the first time.  I was the only one there to hear it and, boy, was it adorable!  I teared up a little because I was so touched by how sweet you were as you laughed so happily.  You have starting using a pacifier this week, as well.  You look so cute with your big eyes peeking out over it.  You have been having lots of conversations with stuffed animals--especially this zebra toy that you seem to like.  It's more like squawking than talking, really.  You sound half happy, half angry, as if you and Zebra really have some important things to work out.  You are also starting to roll your legs to the side, which makes me think you will be rolling over in the next month.  All of these milestones are going to start coming more and more quickly.  I'm trying my best to savor every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment