Saturday, January 2, 2016

52/52


*A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2015*

Matteo: Eating a ricotta cookie, like Papa's Nana Dora used to make.  This has been a year of extraordinary growth for you.  Every day you manage to be both exasperating and endearing in a unique way that defines who you are so perfectly.  You have wonderful moments in which you'll sit and build the most creative and elaborate cities, vehicles and inventions, like your "Taker-Upper," which "picks up cups and paper and BLASTS 'em in the garbage."  You are also unbelievably sweet and loving at times, so thoughtful and considerate.  Just last night, you spent ten minutes decorating a special card and envelope for me "because it's 'I Love You Day'," you declared proudly as I opened it.  You still have epic temper tantrums, at least once a day (often more), usually prompted by your inability to do everything you want at all times, regardless of safety or health concerns.  You are an incredible conversationalist, asking thoughtful questions and following lines of logic that often surprise and astound me.  Your energy can be too great to contain, resulting in little outbursts that get you into trouble (like throwing toys or pinching Mama when you get too excited).  Sometimes, it's a constant struggle to "wrangle" you during routines, like baths, tooth brushing, bedtime, etc.  As I write this, you are building a car with Papa and working so cooperatively to fit the pieces together.  "I made two things for you, little Lilah, because I love you just the way you are!" you suddenly say with excitement.  Despite the more difficult moments--the ones that threaten my patience and sanity--you are a treasure--a beautiful child with a kind heart.  I am so very proud of you and I love you always, my Matteo.

Lilah: 2015 will always be one of my favorite years, because it brought us you!  Your Papa and I are so blessed to have added you to our little family this year.  Our greatest wish for you is many more years of health and happy memories to come.  We love you, precious girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment