Friday, March 4, 2016

9/52

*A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2016*

Matteo: A few months ago, your drawings started to move from abstract to figural.  The first time you brought home a drawing with recognizable figural features, I was so excited.  It was "A Tapdancer," you told me, as I looked at an oval with two dots and a line.  Yup, definitely a face, although your tapdancer was missing arms and legs.  That picture is still displayed proudly on the fridge, but since then, you have added arms (sometimes really long ones) and legs, too.  I love having you describe your art to me.  The subject matter is always so creative.  Most recently, you drew "Me and Papa Jumping on the Bed" (pictured here); "Mama and Matteo Hugging"; "Snails on a Stage"; "Sissy Jumping in Her Bouncy Chair Like a Ballerina Spinning"; "Matteo with Two Eyes and Swimming Underwater" and "Our Family Driving to the Park and Wearin' Seatbelts." 

Lilah: You have started using your hands to grasp everything this week.  Once you grab onto something you like, you won't let go for anything!  Sometimes I have to pry things away from you, and you get really upset about having your treasures so rudely confiscated.  You really seem to like plastic lids and your brother's Duplo cars.

1 comment: