Saturday, February 11, 2017

52/52

* A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2016*

Matteo: At the end of 2016, you are as adventurous as ever.  If I were speaking in metaphors, I would say that you live life at 110 miles an hour.  While standing on the back of a moving truck.  Balancing on stilts.  You are loud and fast and your curiosity often leads to complete chaos in the house.  Some days we don't feel like we will make it to bedtime.  As a balance to your loud and fast side, you are also sweet and tender at the most unexpected times.  You love your family and you take care of us in little ways without being asked.  You are a snuggle bug and you give hugs freely.  It can be a roller coaster at times, but I am so proud to be your Mama.

Lilah: Last winter, you were only a few months old so you didn’t get to play in the snow.  This year, we stuffed you into some oversized mittens and a hat and watched you wobble around like a penguin.  The mittens fell off constantly and you got cold, but you were elated to have some freedom outside.  “Dow dow dow!” (Down) is one of the few words you possess and it has become an important tool as you seek more independence.  Every instinct tells me to scoop you up and hold on to your baby days a little longer.  I remind myself to let you explore the world.  I’m proud of your curiosity and newfound determination.  You are a toddler now, my little penguin.  May your toddles lead you to many beautiful discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment