Sunday, February 5, 2012

-Scrap fabric hoops-


I wasn't sure that I wanted to use fabric embroidery hoops in the nursery, since I feel like everyone does, but in the end I decided to give it a try since it's an incredibly cheap (like, under $15) project and it allowed me to use up some of the scrap fabric I've been hoarding collecting with the best intentions of making pretty things.  I like that it creates a little mural above the crib so that baby will have something interesting to look at when he wakes up.  Plus, no glass or heavy picture frames seems like a good safety solution.  Here's how it turned out, and I think I'm pretty happy with it.  I might continue it onto the next wall so that the crib is surrounded by floating orbs of happy colors and patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment