Sunday, December 28, 2014

50/52

*A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2014.*

Matteo:  We got this little pizza-building toy in the mail last week and you have been deeply committed to it ever since.  "Would you like sauce on your pizza?" I ask, to which you respond "Yes, please!" and on goes the first layer of sauce.  We repeat the process for each of the toppings until you are satisfied with the combination of ingredients.  Into your toy oven it goes for a quick bake before you arrange the "hot" pizza on a plate.  Finally, you ceremoniously present the pizza to anyone who looks hungry.  "Here you go mo-mmy.  Have some pi-zza!"  You stand there expectantly, until I pretend to eat it with the appropriate sound effects.  Once you're satisfied that I'm enjoying my pizza, off you go to make another slice for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment