Sunday, July 3, 2016

23/52



*A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2016*

Matteo: Recently Overheard Things:

"My broccoli is too slippery." (Reason #34 why you can't eat your vegetables.)

"Mama, I found some honeysuckle!  And it smells like honey toast! And there was a bee taking care of it!  And I said hi to him!"

"There's a lot going on in Japan right now." (Randomly, matter-of-factly)

"Mama, I want a pie house that's made all out of pie.  Strawberry pie."

"When I lose my baby teeth someday and the tooth fairy comes, will she bring me a castle?"

"What a glorious day it is today!"

"The reason I have a lot of energy is because I drink a lot of water!  When we get home, I'll pour you a nice big glass."

"Mama, when I grow up, can I have a laundromat?" 

"Is this your coffee?  It smells like yoga." 

"Mama, I want to do an experiment in the bathtub.  I need one quart of cinnamon and five quarts of loganberries."

You: "How big do I have to be to go up in a plane and dive down with a parachute into a pool?"
Me: "Ummm, 18."
You: "Oh, that's really tall!"

Lilah: Looking at trees on a sunny day in the park (1).  When your brother has delicious snacks and you don't (2).

No comments:

Post a Comment