Tuesday, October 11, 2016

38/52

*A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2016*

Matteo: "Mama, this is a potion for bugs and slugs.  I'm going to pour it on all the plants."  In case you're wondering, the ingredients for a very fine bugs and slugs potion are: water, dish soap, marigold petals, leaves, a pinch of dirt and determination.

Lilah: Happy birthday, my sweet baby girl!  I can't believe how quickly it has gone.  One year ago, Matteo and I made a pumpkin cheesecake in the afternoon to welcome the month of September.  Little did we know that it would actually be your birthday cake!  That night, my water broke as I stood up from tucking Matteo into his little toddler bed and off we all went to the hospital.  The next morning, you were here and a cold pumpkin cheesecake was waiting for us in the refrigerator when we got home.  Since then, Matteo has outgrown that little toddler bed and you have outgrown three sizes of clothing.  You have brought so much joy to our family.  Your smile is generous and your love is, too.  You are sweet and curious and happy and bright.  Even on the most challenging days (like when both kids cry in unison and I don't know where to begin between you), I have felt like you fit perfectly into that Lilah-sized space that was waiting to make our family puzzle complete.  Thank you for such a perfect gift.  We love you, little one.

Below: What a difference a year makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment